Using Softmaker Office on a USB Stick

victorlage

Using Softmaker Office on a USB Stick

Post by victorlage »

Greetings,

I tried to use Softmaker on a USB Stick, but it asks for a product key, should it behave like that? I didn´t have this problem in the previous version.

Thanks.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Using Softmaker Office on a USB Stick

Post by martin-k »

Nothing has changed in the behavior.

What you should do is run TextMaker immediately after making the USB stick, on the computer you made the stick on, and enter the product key. This activates the license for the stick.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
victorlage

Post by victorlage »

Great, it seems to have worked out, I did not remember that!
rapala

Post by rapala »

I'm having a different problem. I"ve upgraded from Office 2016 to Office 2018. I have removed Office 2016 from my hard drive. I rebooted the computer. I opened the Programs list in Win10, went to the Softmaker programs and clicked on the new (for 2018) option to install Office 2018 on a thumb drive. I downloaded the files onto the thumb drive and located the four application .exe files. However they are all Office 2016 application .exe. And I really don't want these -- I want Office 2018. How do I purge the Office 2016 files completely and get the "shortcut" to grab Office 2018 files?
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

rapala wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:58 pm I'm having a different problem. I"ve upgraded from Office 2016 to Office 2018. I have removed Office 2016 from my hard drive. I rebooted the computer. I opened the Programs list in Win10, went to the Softmaker programs and clicked on the new (for 2018) option to install Office 2018 on a thumb drive. I downloaded the files onto the thumb drive and located the four application .exe files. However they are all Office 2016 application .exe. And I really don't want these -- I want Office 2018. How do I purge the Office 2016 files completely and get the "shortcut" to grab Office 2018 files?
Please open a new thread if you want to report a different problem.

To solve your problem, delete the SoftMaker Office folder on your USB stick and do the USB installation again. Does that help?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”