Running multiple instances for working with dual monitors

iruntrains

Running multiple instances for working with dual monitors

Post by iruntrains »

Hello,

I was just curious if the possibility of running multiple instances of the programs would be available in 2018. In planmaker, it would be nice to be able to open and view two different workbooks at the same time on two separate monitors to be able to visually reference multiple items among both workbooks at the same time without having to switch back and forth among the workbooks on a single display.

Thank You.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Running multiple instances for working with dual monitors

Post by martin-k »

That's indeed possible now: When you have two document tabs open, grab one with the mouse and drop it on the second monitor. This places it in a window of its own.

There is also a checkbox "New program window" in File > Open and File > Close which opens the document in a window instead of a tab.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
AbdulRahiem

Post by AbdulRahiem »

This does not seem to work for me. When opening a second *.tmd document with "New window" selected, it still opens in new tab. Dragging the tab to a different monitor does not work. Showing two tabs next to each other on the same monitor, makes each window unworkably small.

Am I overlooking something, please?

Best regards,
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Are you really running SoftMaker Office 2018? There was a checkbox "New window" in SoftMaker Office 2016, but in 2018 it is called "New program window".
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
AbdulRahiem

Post by AbdulRahiem »

Thank you Mr Kotulla,

I did install SoftMaker Office 2018 the day it was launched. I expected it to update the links in my launch bar (True Launch Bar) from Version 2016 to Version 2018. However, now I see that the link still opened TextMaker 2016. In 2018, it is indeed working as advertised. Presumably, it means that I must manually uninstall Version 2016. Many thanks.

Best regards,

AbdulRahiem

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”