What really advantajes offer softmaker over ms office

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

aktiff26

What really advantajes offer softmaker over ms office

Post by aktiff26 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:34 pm

I have a 2016 licence and now i am catching the money to have 2018 one but i really like to know what adantajes offer softmaker office, i dont want to discuss about "compatibility" i know are compatible. I really want to know what advantajes offer me as a wirter and researcher in social sicence. I want to know advantajes of texmaker in particular

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: What really advantajes offer softmaker over ms office

Post by Jossi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:11 am

Basically, this is a matter of personal preference, so everybody will have his or her own reasons.
Reasons why I prefer SoftMaker Office over MS Office are:
- The programs have a very clear and logical UI: I find every function quickly, whereas in MS Office I'm always searching for something I cannot find.
- I am not forced to use those abominable ribbons (but I could if I would).
- Some functions are much better solved and easier to use than in MS Office, e. g. the handling of images.
- The programs start and run fast, even on older hardware.
- Support is free of charge for a limitless time and is responsive to bug reports and feature requests.
- There is no subscription scheme, I pay once (and much less than für MS Office).
- I love to support a small independent company that keeps close to its customers.

aktiff26

Post by aktiff26 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:50 pm

I really like the interfaz, i see the spellchecker are litle bad, but maybe whith the use it adapts to my wirting mode, i like the tabbed windows mode. Now i want to know if i can add plugins or it can store refernces to cite whith APA, and what anoher advantajes. I have my free 2016 bur i am thinking to move to 2018. Plase i am not in a ms lover i am triying to use another alternaive more reliable and i put my eye on softmaker

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:16 pm

aktiff26 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:50 pm
I really like the interfaz, i see the spellchecker are litle bad, but maybe whith the use it adapts to my wirting mode, i like the tabbed windows mode. Now i want to know if i can add plugins or it can store refernces to cite whith APA, and what anoher advantajes.
You can use our own dictionaries for spell checking, and the Hunspell dictionaries. Add-ons are currently not available.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”