Copy/Paste issue with TextMaker

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2018 for Linux.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

ArnaudK

Copy/Paste issue with TextMaker

Post by ArnaudK » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi !

When I copy/paste from Firefox some contents to TextMaker 2018, I get some issues with the fonts, and the images are not pasted.

Attached, the results in TextMaker and, to compare with, the same test using one of the latest version of LibreOffice.

For me, this should be fixed before the final release.

The website content comes from :
https://aulnaycap.com/
Attachments
Tests_CopyPaste_TextMaker.docx
(10.76 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Test_CopyPaste.odt
(30.03 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

vtpoet

Re: Copy/Paste issue with TextMaker

Post by vtpoet » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:15 pm

Out of curiosity, just tried this on my own system with the same web page. Same results with Textmaker and LibreOffice. Not only that, but when I closed the new document, Textmaker segfaulted once again. Frustrating.

fredsua

Post by fredsua » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:56 pm

I found the same issue and reported it in the forum before they released the extended Beta. The problem has not been fixed and supposedly the final software is being released in January. I hope this issue is fixed before the final version is released.

vtpoet

Post by vtpoet » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:33 pm

Agreed. If this were libreoffice, then so be it. Put up or shut up is the developer's attitude at LO, and why not? It's being offered for free.

But with a paid product (and our own efforts, which we do for free and out of good will, test driving their Beta) one expects a little more. Would be nice to know, before 2018 Linux is released, which issues the developers plan to resolve and which they don't. I really like SO, but may choose to stay with the 2016 version without a little more responsiveness. One likes to know what one's getting before investing in a product... :?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:21 pm

I will report this to the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Beta: TextMaker 2018 for Linux”