appearance on openbox

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2018 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

dhalgren

appearance on openbox

Post by dhalgren » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:12 am

I use a bunsenlabs openbox DE. In order to get a decent appearance for SMO, I always run

Code: Select all

textmaker18 -gui:gnome
With the most recent update, however, this no longer produces a good output: something has changed, whether in your code, or in an update to the debian/bunsenlabs system, I do not know.

2018-01-14-08-52-41_scrot.png

In this scrot both textmaker16 and 18 can be seen. As you can see, textmaker18 no longer responds to the option "-gui:gnome", resulting in horribleness. Textmaker16, however, responds to the option, producing a much nicer gui.

Please tell me what information I can provide in order to find out if it is my system (I do mess with it quite a lot), or something at your end.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: appearance on openbox

Post by martin-k » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:03 pm

The difference that I see is that the system font is no longer used. Right-click on a toolbar, choose User Interface... and make sure the checkbox for using the system font is active.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

dhalgren

Post by dhalgren » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:52 pm

When starting textmaker it tells me that the licence has expired and asks for another key, so I cannot do this at the moment.

EDIT: Used previous beta key to register software again, and it worked, so...

I had not noticed the use system font bit previously, so I did what you suggested and yep, everything is fine.

On a note for other users of openbox: the option -gui:gnome is no longer strictly necessary, although softmaker handles dark themes very poorly, with or without the gui option. Also, it will not accept some themes at all. Arc-darker, e.e., does not work with SMO, where oncremmer2 works perfectly. I have tested this on gnome, and have found this to be the case on gnome also. One must choose one's theme wisely, or, I imagine, edit the theme wanted.

@ Martin, and all devs: As I use the software, there have been no issues at all; it has worked flawlessly on my system, and with my standard usage.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:41 am

Please let us know the issues that you noticed with our dark theme.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

dhalgren

Post by dhalgren » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:56 am

My apologies Martin, I expressed myself loosely.

Your dark theme works beautifully. The difficulty arises only when A dark theme. The difficulty is when my other (Crocus, Bunsen-dark, etc.) dark themes are used, and are applied in one of the SMO programmes.

I do not now and never have regarded this as a problem needing fixing, because custom themes on a linux desktop are just that: custom.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 am

OK, got it. Thanks for the clarification.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Beta: SoftMaker Office 2018 for Linux (General)”