More problems with Tables

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2018 for Mac.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Dicky

More problems with Tables

Post by Dicky » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:31 pm

The attached images (created with SnagIt) show problems I am encountering in Tables:

1. I am finding that it is often the case with a table inserted (and not filling to the bottom of the page) that there is no way to move beyond the table on that page. There is no paragraph break inserted after the table and no obvious way to move beyond the table on the same page. To continue on that page I have to backspace at the top of the next page, insert paragraph breaks and then insert a page break to re-create the format. Surely this is not intended. It is very annoying.

2. As shown in the attached second image, when I try to delete the 4 lines above the table I get an "Invalid table operation" message. Deleting the first 3 lines is OK, but not the last paragraph break. This looks like a bug.
Attachments
Table problem 1.jpg
Table problem 2.jpg

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: More problems with Tables

Post by Jossi » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:55 am

Both issues are not reproducible for me. Could you provide a sample document where it occurs?

Dicky

Post by Dicky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:38 pm

OK, here's one. Select the first 2 lines above the table by dragging the mouse from the left margin then press Delete. This give me the message "Invalid table operation".
Attachments
File for SoftMaker.docx
(8.64 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Dicky

Post by Dicky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:19 pm

This document is a page taken from a much longer document, here showing that sometimes when a table is inserted there appears to be no way of getting past the end of the table on the same page. Maybe this happens when a table is copied and pasted from another document - I haven't resolved whether this is so.

However:

When in the last cell of the table the right arrow key will take you past it on the same page if there is no text below the table on another page, BUT if there is text on another page it will take you to that next page and then it is a fiddle to get back to below the table on the previous page.

I think there is an issue to be resolved somehow.
Attachments
File for SoftMaker 2.docx
(10.13 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:19 am

Dicky wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:38 pm
OK, here's one. Select the first 2 lines above the table by dragging the mouse from the left margin then press Delete. This give me the message "Invalid table operation".
This happens here only when I press Return. When I press Del, everything's fine.

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:24 am

Dicky wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:19 pm
This document is a page taken from a much longer document, here showing that sometimes when a table is inserted there appears to be no way of getting past the end of the table on the same page.
I click behind the end of the table (lower right corner outside the table). The last cell of the table is selected. I press Right arrow, then Return, and a new paragraph is created below the table.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:32 am

Dicky wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:38 pm
I could not reproduce this issue here with an internal Nightly build (neither with DEL, nor with Enter). Please try again with the next beta as soon as it available. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Beta: TextMaker 2018 for Mac”