Missing slide transitions, presentation delays, crashes - the box of Pandora!

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for Presentations 2018 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

deuxpont

Missing slide transitions, presentation delays, crashes - the box of Pandora!

Post by deuxpont » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Until a few days ago I was a happy Softmaker Office user. But then I bought the new 2018 Pro version - mainly because of the "Presentations" new presenter view.

But then I realized that this was one of my worst deals ever. :cry:

My first exprerience with Presentations 2018 was: I opened one of the three included mini-presentations, switched to presentation mode, and the program crashed. I loaded it again, presentation mode - the crash could be repeated reliably.
Meanwhile I installed Softmaker Office 2018 Pro on two computers (win 10) and I collected some frustrating experiences:
  • Object animations on a single slide do work, but slide transitions don't. I can choose what I want - no transition.
  • When I press the key (or the mouse buttion) to trigger an object animation or a slide transition, the presentation tool does not react immediately but waits a bit (a few seconds or even longer) until something happens. - I could reproduce this failure on both computers.
  • The presentation tool did crash sometimes in presentation view mode without an obvious reason. And it crashed reliably when I tried to save a *.prd file as a *.prdx or as a *.pptx file format.
Briefly: I mainly need Softmaker Office 2018 Pro for presentation usages. It might be possible to create nice presentations with the new 2018 program, but it is impossibe to use the presentation mode. I will become the laughing stock of my audience if I use this tool.

So, dear Softmakers, maybe this tool runs smoothly on your computers, but it doesn not by far on every average computer. So count this review as some kind of beta-testing and hurry to improve "Presentations", or Softmaker Office 2018 Pro will become a disaster!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Missing slide transitions, presentation delays, crashes - the box of Pandora!

Post by sven-l » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:46 am

Please send us the crash report whenever you face a program crash. This helps us to find and solve the problem. There will be service pack next week. Please try again with that fix.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Missing slide transitions, presentation delays, crashes - the box of Pandora!

Post by martin-k » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:30 am

It seems you never sent in any crash report. Could you please check if you did?

Since we don't other similar reports, it might be worth checking if OpenGL works properly on your PC. Please run Presentations with -disableopengl and report back if your problems disappear:

Presentations.exe -disableopengl
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Beta: Presentations 2018 for Windows”