Frozen screen/System Response times

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker 2018 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Admina

Frozen screen/System Response times

Post by Admina » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:09 am

Am using Windows 7 on a laptop with i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20 GHz with 8 GB ram and a 64 bit operating system. I usually keep Planmaker open with 1 or 2 workbooks open at a time, and since loading the Beta Planmaker often freezes with a 'not responding screen'. The system is also much slower to boot than previously. I appreciate that this might have many other causes than your Beta software, but it seems to be something of a co-incidence.

bennachie

Re: Frozen screen/System Response times

Post by bennachie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Planmaker 2018 beta can be glacially slow when handling certain operations in moderately large spreadsheets (my test mules are ~4MB). I've reported elsewhere on issues with data validation, for example. There is at least a possibility that the beta version contains some additional, time-consuming, code for bug tracking etc that will be removed (or considerably reduced) when the release version appears.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:48 pm

We would need sample files in order to reproduce that issue here. If possible, please send them to forum(at)softmaker.de referring to this thread.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

bennachie

Post by bennachie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:36 am

Sven, many big spreadsheets will contain data that, while not exactly confidential, shouldn't be exposed on the forum. Best provide an address to which the documents can be sent and be available only to the developers.

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:42 am

Documents sent to the address given by Sven will not be published to the forum but treated confidentially by SoftMaker. "forum" in the address is only an internal indication that this issue was first raised in the forum.

Return to “Beta: PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”