Attaching .doc to an email always assumes "T" format?

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Windows

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Purvesqueen

Attaching .doc to an email always assumes "T" format?

Post by Purvesqueen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:39 pm

I downloaded TextMaker to read an .odt file which worked fine, however now, when I try to attach any .doc files to an email (even if never viewed nor created using TM) they assume the TextMaker format rather than Word, including the “T” symbol rather than “W” symbol. In explorer they are listed as Word docs with the “W” symbol, its just when I try to attach them to an email. I have removed and reloaded all the software but that hasn’t stopped it.

Any help you can give me please?

:?

Tobias-L

Re: Attaching .doc to an email always assumes "T" format?

Post by Tobias-L » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:08 pm

Well, do you want to have a .doc file with a W icon or a .doc file with a T icon? It doesn't matter, as the file is a .doc file, no matter what icon. The icon depends on the local PC, so the recipient of your .doc file may see a completely different icon.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Purvesqueen

Post by Purvesqueen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:41 pm

I'd like it to be a "W" as more people will recognise that, but the main thing is i guess when they open it with Word, it will do so without problem from what youve just said. Many thanks.

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:43 pm

The icon gets displayed on your local PC only. The icon depends on the PC, not the file itself. So even when your PC displays a T icon for your Word docs, the recipient of your email (and file) will have the W icon (as there is no TextMaker installed on the target PC).
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Purvesqueen

Post by Purvesqueen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:53 pm

That makes perfect sense, thank you very much indeed. And thanks too for the software which dug me out of a whole load of trouble this morning in about 10 minutes flat!

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Windows”