Bug: undo undoes several steps at once

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Windows

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

peejay

Bug: undo undoes several steps at once

Post by peejay » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:36 pm

I've just discovered a bug in TM for Windows, where if I press CTRL-Z to undo the last step, sometimes it undoes multiple steps instead. I can't get it to do it on a repeatable basis, unfortunately. Though while I was experimenting, after a few goes TM crashed and I lost some of my work.

By the way, this isn't the first time I've had TM for Windows crash on me. I don't use it that often (spend most of my time with TM for PPC), but I've nonetheless noticed it crashing a couple of times.

Tobias-L

Re: Bug: undo undoes several steps at once

Post by Tobias-L » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:32 pm

Does it happen when undoing special actions like formatting text bold or something similar? The more information we have, the better and easier we can try to reproduce it.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

peejay

Post by peejay » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:28 pm

I noticed it happening when I was undoing the autocapitalisation of the first letter of a sentence. That's what I use undo for most of the time!

Incidentally, I use undo in those circumstances because there's an inconvenient small bug with the autocapitalisation. If I type
"Hello!" she said.

...TextMaker turns this into:
"Hello!" She said.

The same thing happens with
"Pardon?" he asked.

The code needs a little bit of extra logic to not change the first letter after the question mark or exclamation mark. Tricky, because ideally you'd want it to correct the following:
That's ridiculous! you can't mean that.

...I've just turned off auto correction of the first letter of a sentence!

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:14 am

Well, AutoCorrection is not able to do it right every time you use it.
In Germany the sentences you wrote would be right.

You can either use AutoCorrection and have to manually change the way it works, or turn it off. AutoCorrection cannot analyze the meaning of a sentence, and it uses an algorithm.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Windows”