Zotero

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Windows

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

mtolincoln

Zotero

Post by mtolincoln » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:02 pm

Zotero (zotero.org) is an add-in or extension for FireFox that lets students and academics and researchers take notes, manage citations, etc. It comes with a plug in for Word and an extension for Open Office Writer. Wonder how difficult or easy it might be to create an similar extension for TextMaker?

There is also a way to use Zotero, for those interested, with TextMaker via the Clipboard.

Here's an excerpt from the Zotero site:

"word_processor_integration:

"You can integrate Zotero into your writing process in several different ways:

Microsoft Word users can install our MS Word plug-in.

OpenOffice and NeoOffice users can install our OpenOffice extensions.

"Individuals using other tools can take advantage of Zotero's ability to export to the clipboard to paste bibliographies into any application. To export to the clipboard, right-click (control-click on Macs) on one or more references that you've highlighted, select “Create Bibliography from Selected Item(s),” choose “Copy to Clipboard” from the pull-down menu, and select the citation style in which you want to export the bibliography. You will now be able to paste your bibliography directly into your document."

Thought this might be of interest. I'd love to see something like this well-integrated into TextMaker. Doing so might also make TextMaker better recognized as an alternative word-processor to the other two.
Mike O'Brien
Lincoln, MA
USA

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:43 am

Thanks for this info. Maybe there's a Firefox developer in this forum reading this post and developing this extension for TextMaker.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sgsong

Re: Zotero

Post by sgsong » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:40 pm

Yeah, an integration with Zotero will be a big bonus.

pauli2008

Post by pauli2008 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:00 am

I am huge fan of Zotero and is one of the last things that keeps me from using Softmaker Office. Though I think it is not the task for a firefox developer to build a plugin for Softmaker Office, but people from Softmaker and Zotero (@ the George Mason University).

koonaone

Post by koonaone » Wed May 20, 2009 8:45 pm

Yes. Hear, hear, SoftMaker / Zotero integration would be nirvanic.

douglas

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Windows”