Captions for tables, figures, etc.

Help for TextMaker 2006 for Windows

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Bruce Button

Captions for tables, figures, etc.

Post by Bruce Button » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:26 pm

One of Textmaker's strengths is clearly its stability for long documents. Something that is often needed in a long document (e.g. a technical book) is to create captions for figures, tables, etc., and then to create lists of these captions at the beginning of the book. Is this possible with Textmaker?

Thanks.

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:18 am

This feature is already on our wish list for future versions of TextMaker.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

myotis

Post by myotis » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:18 pm

Can I add some weight to this request, as the lack of this feature is the reason I cannot use Textmaker, even though I am greatly impressed by it, and would love to use it on a regular basis

And as an aside, the absence of boxplots in PlanMaker, is also a critical omission.

Graham

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:32 pm

myotis wrote:And as an aside, the absence of boxplots in PlanMaker, is also a critical omission.
What exactly do you mean with boxplots? Do you have a sample file of a feature PlanMaker doesn't support? If so, please send it to forum(at)softmaker.de and refer to this thread via a link.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

myotis

Post by myotis » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:26 pm

Tobias-L wrote:
myotis wrote:And as an aside, the absence of boxplots in PlanMaker, is also a critical omission.
What exactly do you mean with boxplots? Do you have a sample file of a feature PlanMaker doesn't support? If so, please send it to forum(at)softmaker.de and refer to this thread via a link.
Tobias,

Boxplots are the basic first step in every exploratory data analysis (EDA), and described in every introductory statistical text.

Here is a link to the wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_plot

While you wouldn't expect to do proper statistical analysis in a spreadsheet, some EDA before moving to a stats program would be very useful.

It is one of the great spreadsheet mysteries that they offer many exotic and rarely used plotting options yet miss out on one of the most fundamental of plots.

Graham

Graham

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:25 am

I just added this feature onto our wish list for future versions.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

myotis

Post by myotis » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:02 pm

Tobias-L wrote:I just added this feature onto our wish list for future versions.
Thanks, I look forward to it happening.

Graham

myotis

Post by myotis » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:01 pm

"Something that is often needed in a long document (e.g. a technical book) is to create captions for figures, tables, etc., and then to create lists of these captions at the beginning of the book. Is this possible with Textmaker?"

I assume, as the 2008 beta has just been released, and this doesn't seem to be a feature, that future release means the 2010 release, or is there a possibility of it being added to the 2008 version before final release or at least before 2010 (assuming the same release cycle)

Having raised this with TM2004 and a bit disappointed that it didn't make it to TM2006, when I raised it again, I admit to being even more disappointed that it isn't in 2008, or am I just missing it.

Graham

amuehl

Post by amuehl » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:55 am

Hello,

currently it seems like this feature will not be part of SoftMaker Office 2008.
Alexander Mühl
SoftMaker Software GmbH

myotis

Post by myotis » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:56 pm

amuehl wrote:Hello,

currently it seems like this feature will not be part of SoftMaker Office 2008.
OK, thanks for letting me know.

Graham

EricC

Post by EricC » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:27 pm

Throw me into the group for wanting this feature implemented sooner than later. One of my roles involves working on documentation and not having this feature is pain :(

Return to “TextMaker 2006 for Windows”