reaction to new interface

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

woodworker will

reaction to new interface

Post by woodworker will » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:55 pm

I think you folks have done real well in the redesign of the interface. It is colorful and somewhat editable. When Microsoft Office 2013 came on the market I was deeply disappointed by their elimination of all color in the interface. It was, in fact, ugly. I think that their ribbon has evolved into a highly effective toolbar, so I am very glad you have given us all the choice of a ribbon. Having said that, my personal choice is the traditional toolbar. Well done.

My next comment is about your handling of graphics. I think that this is not something you concern yourselves with too much. Microsoft Word has evolved into an excellent and intuitive graphics machine. I would love to see similar development with your Textmaker program.

Mozilla Thunderbird functions quite well.

All in all - well done. I am working with files in the Beta right now and have not detected any major problems.

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: reaction to new interface

Post by Jossi » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:46 pm

Personally, I stopped using MS Word long ago and I love to work with graphics in TextMaker. What are, in your opinion, the advantages of MS Word over TextMaker regarding graphics?

Return to “Beta: SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”