Dark interface (yay) but faded/unclear icons

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Patrick

Dark interface (yay) but faded/unclear icons

Post by Patrick » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Well, I see SoftMaker has been busy :)

First of all, thank you for all the SMO 2018 efforts. I like the options of having classic & ribbon interfaces, and you have kept the dark themes available which goes to your great credit and my eyes thank you for it.

I was just trying out the dark ribbon theme and I noticed the icons looked very faded/unclear, and/or too small. There seems to be a general lack of definition, making it hard for me to see them. I have 20/20 eyesight, so that is not the problem. I would say that for the icons to be that faded/not bright, they would have to be bigger for them to be clearer. Or, for icons to be that small, they would have to be a lot brighter/more contrasting for them to be visible clearly. Whichever way you would want to see that. So when you have the dark theme enabled, and a white page below it, the contrast makes it such that you can't hardly see the icons:

Image SoftMaker Office Pro 2012 Rev. 702 User

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Dark interface (yay) but faded/unclear icons

Post by sven-l » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:52 pm

I will refer your feedback to the product management.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Beta: SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”