File Extension On Title Bar

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Robin Holt

File Extension On Title Bar

Post by Robin Holt » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:04 pm

Very good work SM, although a few things could use attention.

The active tab in the past has shown the file name, to include the file extension, on the title bar as well as an asterisk if the file has unsaved changes. I continue to see the file name, but not the extension. That's going to cause a LOT of problems, especially with new SM extensions.

rexhall

Re: File Extension On Title Bar

Post by rexhall » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:01 am

Robin,

This works fine for me. I have posted a picture at https://imgur.com/a/tPz9c

Alfred

Re: File Extension On Title Bar

Post by Alfred » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:14 pm

This is controlled by Windows, not SMO. The default is to hide extensions for known file types, so if you've changed your computer or simply upgraded your OS (e.g. from Win 7 or 8.x to Win 10) it will be back to the way that Microsoft stupidly decided it should be. To fix it, open an Explorer window and put a tick in the 'File name extensions' checkbox on the View ribbon; in older versions of Windows, the option to 'Hide extensions for known file types' is hidden away in one of the menus.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

Return to “Beta: SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”