Looking Good

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Princy557

Looking Good

Post by Princy557 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:08 pm

HI Dev team,
Installation went without a hitch, installed the 64 bit version under W10. Installation seems to be quite fast.
I like the new styles and it feels clean and fresh to use, yet all the old stuff is still there as expected.
I have tested on with both PlanMaker and TextMaker, by using many of the 2016 files I have created. I have not seen any problems with anything yet. I will be having a 'write some new stuff' session tomorrow.
From the list there are some nice feature or changes . Keep up the good work. :D

Will there be a version which includes the Firefox as part of the suite in the final version? Will there be any additional integration with Firefox on any level?
Regards

Princy557

Alfred

Re: Looking Good

Post by Alfred » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:02 pm

I downloaded the beta installers as soon as their release was announced, but I've only just got to the installation stage.

Installation of the 64-bit version on Windows 10 went without a hitch for me, too. I had expected to be able to compare and contrast the 64-bit version and the 32-bit version by installing them at the same time, since the former goes in %ProgramFiles% and the latter goes in %ProgramFiles(x86)%, so I was surprised to see the shortcuts disappearing from the taskbar during the second installation.

The heading for the shortcut options in the setup wizard seems inappropriate, since the shortcuts in question are for TextMaker, PlanMaker, Presentations and BasicMaker, rather than for eM Client.
Attachments
ofw2018beta_Setup.png
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Looking Good

Post by sven-l » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:16 am

Princy557 wrote:HI Dev team,
Installation went without a hitch, installed the 64 bit version under W10. Installation seems to be quite fast.
I like the new styles and it feels clean and fresh to use, yet all the old stuff is still there as expected.
I have tested on with both PlanMaker and TextMaker, by using many of the 2016 files I have created. I have not seen any problems with anything yet. I will be having a 'write some new stuff' session tomorrow.
From the list there are some nice feature or changes . Keep up the good work. :D

Will there be a version which includes the Firefox as part of the suite in the final version? Will there be any additional integration with Firefox on any level?
No, we only integrate Thunderbird as e-mail client but no browser.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Beta: SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows (General)”