cannot select text

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FlexiPDF 2017

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

tonywid

cannot select text

Post by tonywid » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:28 pm

I intended to use FlexiPDF as my prime PDF-tool (reasons: small, from local source, one tool for all).
Usually as PDF-reader, then as PDF-printer, sometimes to edit PDFs (with simple requirements like adding text-fields).

However I can't explain:
1)
I am sure that quite after installation the text-tool was activ and I could draw textboxes.
But suddenly the text-tool in deactivated, and it remained so even after uninstall and new installation. The pdfs in question contain text only (selfmade from Word or Textmaker Office)
2)
I could not even select text. I can do this of course with other pdf-tools such as adobe reader or foxit-reader.
3)
the speed to open a pdf-file is slow

Schöne Grüsse
Tonywid

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: cannot select text

Post by sven-l » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:35 am

Does the problem with the text selection still exist? this is not reproduce here for us or any other customer.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

tonywid

Post by tonywid » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi Sven,
in short: nothing changed

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.The program was already activated after reinstall.
The text-tool is still inactive (greyed out) and only the hand-tool is available.
I'm on Windows 7.
somebody also had this problem viewtopic.php?f=276&t=16640

I tried on Windows 10. The text-tool works there.

However, my original concern, I did not find out yet, how to simply select text. Sorry.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:12 pm

tonywid wrote:Hi Sven,
in short: nothing changed

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.The program was already activated after reinstall.
The text-tool is still inactive (greyed out) and only the hand-tool is available.
I'm on Windows 7.
somebody also had this problem viewtopic.php?f=276&t=16640

I tried on Windows 10. The text-tool works there.

However, my original concern, I did not find out yet, how to simply select text. Sorry.
Well, it depends if the text is just a scanned image or not. If it is a scanned image, you have to click in the text with the "Text edit tool" and accept the message that OCR will be needed in order to recognise the text. Please note that OCR is available in FlexiPDF Professional but not in FlexiPDF Standard.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

tonywid

Post by tonywid » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:28 pm

thank you for your effort. Of course it was a "text"-pdf. I have to quit for the moment and I can try it with my next machine in a few month.

Return to “FlexiPDF 2017”