How to UN-select tools?

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FlexiPDF 2017

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

joredor

How to UN-select tools?

Post by joredor » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:04 pm

I'm trying out the FlexiPDF Basic with a view to replacing Adobe Acrobat with a paid version of FlexiPDF at some point in the future (not in the next 30 days), but I am having some trouble figuring out how the program works.

The first question has to do with highlighting text in yellow, a feature that I use often. I can't seem to figure out when the Text Highlight tool works and when it doesn't. The only pattern I've discerned is that if NO tools are selected (such as the Hand tool), then I can drag the cursor over a word and click on the Highlight tool to cover it in yellow highlighter. However, once the Hand tool has been selected, the Text Highlight tool is grayed out and can no longer be selected or used. The only way to un-select the Hand tool seems to be to select some other tool, but then I still can't use the Highlight tool.

Is there any way to un-select ALL the tools, so that NONE of them is selected and I can once again highlight text in the document? No tools are selected when I first open a document, but once I select a tool I can't seem to go back to having no tools selected.

Thanks for any tips or hints.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: How to UN-select tools?

Post by sven-l » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:04 am

If you click on the "Text Plus tool" icon, you can use the text highlighting. Or open the search (CTRL+F) and you can select the text directly and highlight it.

We will open a feature request to make text highlighting easier in FlexiPDF Basic.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

joredor

Re: How to UN-select tools?

Post by joredor » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks for passing the idea on to the developers.

I tried clicking on the Text Plus tool, but then when I place the cursor on a word and press the mouse button to select it, all I get is a faint blue rectangle, with the document margins narrowed down to about an inch (please see the screenshot and look in the third paragraph that begins "But he said").

(I'm not certain that the image will show up in the actual post, as the preview just says "Image" where I would expect the image to be seen. Here's the direct link: http://imgur.com/a/kJEWr. You may need to put the cursor over the image and click on the magnifying glass to see better what's going on.)

Then I tried doing a search as you suggested, and Search could not find a word that's clearly visible, several times, in the searched document. (See the second screenshot, below.)

Direct link: http://imgur.com/a/jyL3k

Return to “FlexiPDF 2017”