Table management

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FreeOffice TextMaker 2016 for Windows

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Suono & Computer

Table management

Postby Suono & Computer » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:31 am

Good morning, I imported a Word document in TextMaker, where I listed a number of products across the tables. Now as you can see from the demonstration video I've made for you, you will notice how all the tables come out of the margins and do not respect the original formatting made in Word (or anyway the page format). In addition to this I know that I have to resize each single table, in every single page, manually, failing to give all the tables the same size (or width). In total, the pages are more than twenty and manually resizing every table single makes it a tedious and unclear job. Now trying out TexMaker's options known that the table is not recognized in its "being table" (as in word that at the top left there is an intrinsic rectangle to the table and clicking on it, Word recognizes the table as "element Aside "and can change the table in all its features). In TextMaker I know this does not happen. The table is not recognized as an element in itself but simply as a "set of cells inside the page". In TextMaker, there is no real table management as a table element. This aspect in my opinion is to be reviewed as a priority because it is a very weak point in this beautiful free software. With this I hope I have given you a tip to improve this aspect of TexMaker. Now, coming to my problem, I wonder if there is a system for resizing all tables at once to a single command, without individually resizing each single table. I hope so because otherwise I will re-enlist Word (for managing this document).

Here is the demonstration video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2auiJyrjN8&feature=youtu.be

Thank

Suono & Computer

Re: Table management

Postby Suono & Computer » Tue May 02, 2017 8:28 am

I have redone from the beginning all the document ... Patience ...Thanks anyway.

Suono & Computer

Re: Table management

Postby Suono & Computer » Sat May 13, 2017 10:25 am

Here is the final work entirely made with TextMaker. Enjoy the reading. Thank you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnSwBOQcRTI

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2016 for Windows”