Newbie Question part 2

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2016 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

chrob61

Newbie Question part 2

Post by chrob61 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:44 pm

I see on your website there are manuals. The SoftMaker Office 2016 is about 600 pages!

I would like to know which of your programs most closely approximates Microsoft Excel- is it TextMaker, PlanMaker?

Just a simple spreadsheet with ability to add values and sort text is all I need. Thank you! (I think I posted my first post in the paid version forum, so please move to this one)

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Newbie Question part 2

Post by Jossi » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:41 am

The equivalent program to Excel in the SoftMaker Office suite is PlanMaker.
While PlanMaker is a full-fledged spreadsheet application, simple tables with the option to sum and sort are also available in TextMaker, the SoftMaker word processor.
Generally, I recommend to take a look at the help function. The sections "The application screen / Basics / The TextMaker tour" in TextMaker and "Screen elements / PlanMaker basics / The PlanMaker tour" in PlanMaker will give you a good first orientation to start working.
Please note that FreeOffice, the free version of SoftMaker Office, has only a reduced set of functions. To access the full range of functions you will want to use the paid version.

chrob61

Re: Newbie Question part 2

Post by chrob61 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Thank you Jossi!

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2016 for Windows (General)”