Can Free Office Print Enevelopes?

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2016 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

satchman

Can Free Office Print Enevelopes?

Postby satchman » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:01 pm

Greetings Softmaker!

Very interested in considering the free version of Softmaker Free Office, but I need to know, can the free version print envelops or not? I do a lot of letters, and need that functionality.

Satch

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Can Free Office Print Enevelopes?

Postby sven-l » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:48 am

The function for envelopes is only included in SoftMaker Office but not in FreeOffice. As a workaround you can place text fields on the sheet (one for the address and another one for the sender).
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Robin Holt

Re: Can Free Office Print Enevelopes?

Postby Robin Holt » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:19 am

I'm going to elaborate a little on Sven's reply. FreeOffice doesn't have the ease of use in creating envelopes but you can get the job done.

Try these steps:

1. Open a new blank document and set the Paper Size in File=>Page Setup to "Envelope # 10" (or whatever format you are using). Set Orientation to "Landscape".
2. Adjust margins accordingly.
3. Put a text box in the upper left hand corner for the return address and another located centrally for the recipient's address.
4. Save the document and test it out on your printer. If everything works well, save it as a template and you will be able to create envelopes fairly quickly and easily.

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2016 for Windows (General)”