Security Advice Error while saving files in Google Drive

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker FreeOffice 2016 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Cyber

Security Advice Error while saving files in Google Drive

Post by Cyber » Sun May 15, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi,
As the topic says, i'm facing errors while saving files in google drive. When i open any file from Google drive, it opens fine, and i can edit and save it but after some time, say 5-8 min when i try to save the file it shows me the error Security Advice:Reading and writing of files may not be possible for illegal copies, and it then doesn't save the file.

I was starting to like Softmaker, it is, in my experience, the fastest, low resource consuming and almost complete office but it would be useless for me if it cant open and edit Google drive files.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Security Advice Error while saving files in Google Drive

Post by sven-l » Tue May 17, 2016 3:01 pm

Please save your files on the HDD first, then edit and save them and afterwards save them in Google Drive.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue May 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Cyber wrote:Security Advice:Reading and writing of files may not be possible for illegal copies, and it then doesn't save the file.
Could you please send us a screenshot of the error message? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Patrick

Post by Patrick » Tue May 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Yeah, I have had this too, several times (no rhyme or reason to it). Another example of this great activation scheme SoftMaker has going on. Since SMO 2010 I've been saying on the forum, please don't mess with your portable option, please don't go to this horrendous online activation scheme that others are opting for, etc. And what do they do?

But everyone is online all the time now, right? WRONG.

I came here to see if Martin or anyone else replied to my post, but of course they haven't. They are very selective about what they reply to. They replied to the initial praise, until I found out even the free portable version requires online activation after having made a personal portable version, and then it's utter silence. When it starts being OK with a company that you can't use their software at any given time then people should start looking elsewhere.

Fail, SoftMaker. Fail.
Image SoftMaker Office Pro 2012 Rev. 702 User

Cyber

Post by Cyber » Tue May 17, 2016 5:27 pm

sven-l wrote:Please save your files on the HDD first, then edit and save them and afterwards save them in Google Drive.
I am doing that for now, but its not at all convenient. I am able to do that with other office suites(MS Office, WPS Office etc) but they hog up a bit too much resources making my laptop lag a little. I wanted a traditional, lite and complete Office suite, and FreeOffice is, as i see it, great.
BTW, back to problem,
You can easily try it by downloading Google drive, making a word file, then edit it and then try to save it after 5-6 min. Will upload an SS when i get home.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu May 19, 2016 8:04 am

I installed FreeOffice 2016 and the Google Drive app in a fresh installed Windows 10 Pro (in a VMWare machine) and until now have no problems opening and saving files into Google Drive. I will try to reproduce the issue here. Please send a screenshot if possible. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu May 19, 2016 8:10 am

Could you please send us all license files from C:\ProgramData\SoftMaker to forum(at)softmaker.de referring to this thread? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Cyber

Post by Cyber » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Sry for very late reply(was stuck up with exams, projects and other s*** and then completely forgot). Can ya plz guide me how to send the license files?

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:29 pm

You send an e-mail to forum (at) softmaker.de and attach the file c:\ProgramData\SoftMaker\ofres16.lic
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Cyber

Post by Cyber » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:43 pm

Umm.. Steps(i know..im being a noob here..wanna know how to send, tried composing mail in google it said The address ""softmaker.de"" in the "To" field was not recognized. Please make sure that all addresses are properly formed.)

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:49 pm

We try to avoid posting real e-mail addresses here to reduce spam, but here it is:

forum(@)softmaker.de
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Cyber

Post by Cyber » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:52 pm

Grrr....silly me...alright done

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:14 pm

I received the e-mail in forum(at)softmaker.de and edited martin-k's post.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker FreeOffice 2016 for Windows (General)”