External laptop screen: Display errors and freezes when starting slide show

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for Presentations 2016 for Linux.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

kai

External laptop screen: Display errors and freezes when starting slide show

Post by kai » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi,

I am using SoftMaker Office 2016 on a laptop that runs Linux. An external screen is connected via HDMI. The laptop screen is turned off. When I switch to slide show mode in Presentations 2016, the program freezes and I have to use xkill to close it. I assume it has something to do with hardware acceleration because I also have objects in the main window that are missing until I hover over them with the mouse cursor. I have tried playing around with the options "Use SDL engine", "Use SHM extensions" and "Use XIM", but that does not help. When I start the program using a console window, I don't get any messages - error or otherwise - when the program freezes.

The problem does not occur when I disconnect the external screen and use the laptop display.

Is there any way to start Presentations 2016 in software rendering mode, or in verbose mode to get more messages on the console? Or could this be a general problem in the current version when the main screen is an external screen? I used FreeOffice 2012 before and did not have this problem.

Configuration: Intel Core i7-3612QM, Fedora 23 (64 Bit), Kernel 4.3.5-300.fc23.x86_64, KDE 5.5.4, Intel chip set graphics.

Thanks
Kai

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: External laptop screen: Display errors and freezes when starting slide show

Post by sven-l » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:34 pm

I will send you an PM.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Presentations 2016 for Linux”