Copy/Paste don't keep special formating

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Linux.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

ArnaudK
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Copy/Paste don't keep special formating

Post by ArnaudK » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Hi !

When you copy text from TextMaker using bold/italic fonts, and paste to Wordpress, it only copies the text without the special formattng.

It works fine with LibreOffice. Also, it works with TM on Windows.

I already opened a case in tM2012 and it has not been fixed.

Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Re: Copy/Paste don't keep special formating

Post by Michael Uplawski » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:00 am

ArnaudK wrote:It works fine with LibreOffice. Also, it works with TM on Windows.
I understand the feature request and even see the charm of such a possibility. However, I am interested to know, either from somebody who *knows* or somebody who has a good understanding of the effectuated conversions, how this transformation of is achieved in LibreOffice or TextMaker for Windows.

Depending on what I learn from this exchange, I could be in favor or against sacrificing resources for the feature.
[All my comments are those of a FreeOffice user. Feel free to ignore me.]
People should go where they are not supposed to go, say what they are not supposed to say and stay, when they are told to leave.” (Howard Zinn)

Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Post by Michael Uplawski » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:36 am

II
ArnaudK wrote:When you copy text from TextMaker using bold/italic fonts, and paste to Wordpress, it only copies the text without the special formattng.
What do you think about saving a document as XHtml, then copy the source to the Wordpress-page. Personally, I use a free WordPress account and thus have no access to style-sheets and other nifty features. All styling is done inline and even if I do not frequently publish new content, I deem the detour via HTML practicable.

Especially, if you only need to copy isolated sections of a document.

Screen shot:
howdy.png
People should go where they are not supposed to go, say what they are not supposed to say and stay, when they are told to leave.” (Howard Zinn)

ArnaudK
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by ArnaudK » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:19 pm

Thanks, I will try this way. But it is strange it works with TM on Windows, not on Linux

Michael Uplawski

Post by Michael Uplawski » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:55 pm

ArnaudK wrote:Thanks, I will try this way. But it is strange it works with TM on Windows, not on Linux
That is why I would really like to know the difference... ;-)
Other things that “work on Windows®” had been made possible on Linux but require an immense effort and too much resources for my gusto. Hence my inquiry.

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Linux”