Scattering contents of clipboard across the pages.

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Linux.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

textus

Scattering contents of clipboard across the pages.

Post by textus » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Under Ubuntu 16.04 Textmaker absorbs contents of the clipboard at any time and
regardless of zero activity on the document itself -- blank pages as well as a document of 246 pages.
This happens when I copy something from a html-based document into any other type of document.
Textmaker makes a mess of any opened docx document by peppering the pages with any string of words
passing on between non-Textmaker documents. LibreOffice does not behave that way, and offers a more
reliable alternative at the moment. I am thankful for any suggestion as to possible cause.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Scattering contents of clipboard across the pages.

Post by sven-l » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:36 am

Could you please describe step by step how you select, copy and paste content from a HTML page into TextMaker? Which browser are you working with? From which website exactly are you copying?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

textus

Post by textus » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:43 pm

Thanks very much for reply. The issue here is that I am not pasting any content into TextMaker. Strings of clipboard content gets
splattered all across 246 pages if there is any activity on any browser open at the moment and without myself doing anything on TextMaker.
To be sure not to have documents messed up I have to close TextMaker
while carrying any other activity on the computer -- activity that might include the clipboard. My routine for cleaning up the
document is to use Copy & Replace (with Replace being a blank). Simply speaking, it seems that TextMaker is prone to suck up whatever
happens to pass on from a browser into the clipboard (browsers = Opera, Chrome).

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:19 am

This is hard to reproduce here. Could you plesae send us the logfile (create it in TextMaker under Help=>About) to forum(at)softmaker.de? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

ejc

Post by ejc » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:23 am

Hello
I have the very same problem each time i have a browser open and either LO, Softmaker, Foxit PDF doing annotations, Googledoc doing annotations
I triedt to write to the support and got no answer
this is really annoying
could it be a javascript problem? or a problem in the installation of the deb? (i don't see softmaker in my desktop toolbar, i just access my files by double-clicking them)
it is not only the clipboard but also the content of the opened page (email, text on a page) that gets scattered randomly, even after closing the email (after "send" for example) and even if returning to the text composer after a while

ejc

Post by ejc » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:47 pm

could it be related to this
https://tbranyen.com/post/clipboard-hij ... with-html5

check the comment by Tomas M on that page
i m not a geek so if any, please provide simple or detailed answers!

ejc

Post by ejc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:55 am

Is the softmaker team so busy with its android products that it has no interest for linux customers?
about the clipboard (and not only the clipboard, since some page contents are copied from a browser even without copying them), i have noticed that
Midori has less problems than other browsers. Is it due to the way it handles html5?
with firefox i get multiple copies of my page contents as shown in the browser and even after closing it (get multiplied on the doc page if i scroll down after an initial scaterring of a content which has been copied for no obvious reason), with midori i get just 1 copy. Yesterday i ve turned off the "local storage of html5 and it seems i didn't have problem yet but i haven't made enough tests, even before turning it off i did not get this multiplied copies as with ffx or chrome)

as i offered in a message to the forum, i have lots of screen copies to show the issues. but no one has contacted me for that.

harryg

Post by harryg » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:34 pm

Wow. I just experienced the same thing, and thought it was something I did ...

If this problem persists, it's back to Libreoffice, as i often work on very long documents.

Linuxmintg 18.2 Cinnamon 64-bit, 4GB RAM processor Pentium 2 core @ 3.z GHz

-Harry

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:49 pm

Have you tried turning off middle-mouse button support in Tools > Options? Some users experience hardware problems with their mouse where using the scrollwheel sprinkles middle-mouse button clicks, causing the clipboard content to be pasted.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Linux”