images not shown

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Linux.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Martin

images not shown

Post by Martin » Mon May 30, 2016 10:31 am

Hi,

I'm working with Linux and in Academia, which makes the exchange with Microsoft word documents inevitable. Libre office is not able to manage that, so i came across this software. It looks fine, however, in all documents i open, about 50% of the images are simply not shown. There's the box where the image should be, but it's empty....Is there a solution for this? I'd like to work with this software, but with only half of the images shown it's not possible..

kind regards,
Martin

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: images not shown

Post by Jossi » Mon May 30, 2016 9:39 pm

Do the images which are not shown have a special format? (TextMaker doesn't support *.emf, for example.) If some images are visible, others in the same format are not, a sample document would be most helpful.

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue May 31, 2016 9:56 am

Hi Jossi,

I copied a sample document here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oq49lkqboblw ... -iCva?dl=0
Fig 1, 3, 5 are not shown, the rest is fine....

Thanks for your help!

Martin

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Tue May 31, 2016 10:44 am

Thank you for providing a sample. When I open this document in TextMaker 2016 for Windows, all images are displayed correctly, so it seems not to be a general problem of TextMaker. IIRC there have been some display problems with specific graphic cards under Linux. What are your exact system specifications?

I think that some tweaking in graphic options is possible, too, but as I don't have Linux installed, I can't check it. The people at SoftMaker should be able to answer this.

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue May 31, 2016 10:59 am

Thanks Jossi, good to know that there should be a solution for this. The problem both appears on my laptop and office computer, so it's maybe no hardware issue but related to the system, as both use the same Ubuntu (15.10 64 bit). The graphics on my office pc is called Intel Haswell Desktop, the processor is a Intel® Core™ i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz × 8, and i do not use any specific driver software.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue May 31, 2016 11:33 am

It seems your file contains .emf images. TextMaker for Windows can show these graphics but not TextMaker for Linux. The support of .emf under Linux is on the agenda for the future. As a workaround you could insert .jpg, .tiff or .png graphics into your file.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Martin

Post by Martin » Tue May 31, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi Sven,

there's no other workaround? It's a bit cumbersome to tell all colleagues to format their document according to my needs....
Apart from that i like the software!

cheers,
Martin

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:20 am

No, there is unfortunately no workaround to show .emf graphics in TextMaker for Linux.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Martin

Post by Martin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:13 pm

Thanks Sven. Would be great if you could implement this soon, knowing that there is not really a software being able to open word documents under Linux, and this could be a market to catch for you. I know many people running a second computer with windows just for word..

Paweł

Post by Paweł » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:07 am

I don't see any image in textmaker if I open document on remote drive, mounted by cifs. it happensd in all documents, also on thios sample provided in this thread. wheen i copy the document to my local hard drive it's ok, images are shown. but when i open it directly on samba share, there is not a single image

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Linux”