Equation Editor for Linux Versions

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Linux.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

nschachtman

Equation Editor for Linux Versions

Post by nschachtman » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Is an equation editor for Linux versions out? In the works? Planned? Time table?

Thanks.

NAS

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Equation Editor for Linux Versions

Post by sven-l » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:59 am

An equation editor for the Linux version is on the agenda for the future.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

kdre

Post by kdre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:37 am

Just an idea: Something like TexMath (entering equations using latex) for Libreoffice would be very very useful.

ironphil

Post by ironphil » Mon May 02, 2016 2:37 pm

I tried inserting an OLE frame with a libreoffice equation. I showed the libreoffice math application, I entered an equation and went back to textmaker but the frame is empty. It would have been a nice alternative to be able to insert libreoffice equations.

hneubauer

Post by hneubauer » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:51 am

I have been waiting for the equation editor or some sort of solution for years. I wanted to buy to help this kind of effort to provide other options for word processing. However, the lack of equation editor has prevented me to do so. Perhaps they should do a crowdfunding campaign to sponsor the integration or development of an equation editor.

Smilodog

Post by Smilodog » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:17 pm

The lack of equation editor in TextMaker is definitely huge drawback of the program which could costs you a lot of technical- and scientific-oriented users.

I purchased Office for Linux for the sake of compatibility with my MS-Office bound colleagues, and I like the level of compatibility that SoftMaker office provides. But, really, I am blocked now, because most of my texts contain formulas.

sbjo

Post by sbjo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:05 pm

There is a new equation editor named JMathEdit, which is free on Linux platforms. It supports LaTeX, MathML and can export SVG, EPS, EMF and PNG.

Here is the link:
http://www.pilotltd.com/en/products/jmathedit

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Linux”