Install locally without updating themes?

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

lorenzosu

Install locally without updating themes?

Post by lorenzosu » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:01 am

Hi,

I try installing locally in my home directory and therefore without root permissions. However the installer stays ages trying to "Update xxxxx theme" all the themes I have installed on the systems (I am running XFCE). Also this causes some permission errors where the installers tries to play with files in /usr/share/... as I am not root (this is actually good because if I am telling the installer to install locally I don't see why it should try to mess with system files).

Why is the installer trying to update all my themes and not just the current one? Also what is it actually doing? From the errors I see this seems to essentially boil down to icons?

So the real question is: can the installer be instructed to just place itself in the specified directory and create scritps/symlinks to run the applications? My idea is to install the scripts in a directory which is in my path anyway so that they will come up in e.g. gmrun or the terminal which I use to run applications.

Thanks.
Lorenzo

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Install locally without updating themes?

Post by sven-l » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:48 pm

The installation via .tgz archive without root permission will work better in the next major release or SoftMaker Office.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux (General)”