LinuxI Mint 18 theme problem

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

waltrothfuss

LinuxI Mint 18 theme problem

Post by waltrothfuss » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:20 pm

I installed Linux Mint 18 (sarah) on a virtual machine to test it. I removed Libreoffice and installed Softmaker Office Linux. Restarted the virtual machine. The default mint theme did not display correctly, for example when clicking on the menu key at the bottom left of the screen, much of the menu was blanked out. Going to Control Center => Appearance displayed a message that the linux "mint-x" theme was not installed. I then went to the package manager, searched for themes, and indeed "mint themes" was not installed. Clicking on mint themes to reinstall it brought up a message that a libreoffice piece had to be installed also. Accepting that installation did reinstall the theme and restore the screen display to what it should be after subsequently restarting the virtual machine. For some reason, libreoffice appears to have been tightly integrated into linux mint so that it uninstalling it creates this problem. Irritating but recoverable.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: LinuxI Mint 18 theme problem

Post by sven-l » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:15 am

Thank you for the information!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux (General)”