Can't type any accented char in french

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Kevlar

Can't type any accented char in french

Postby Kevlar » Sat May 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Hello, it's my first post, but I'm an hold user of Softmaker (since 2005 and Windows CE version :D ).
But, for the first time, I can't solve myself a very important problem : it's impossible, under Softmaker 2016 (registered version) to type any char with circonflex accent (^) or dieresis (like ö ). This accents are very, very often used in french, so in fact I can't use Textmaker for my work !
Some examples. A word like 'tête' (head un french), or 'même' (you can't write a paragraph without 'même' in french :o ) and so on ...
If I type the sequence ^e I should obtain ê, but under Textmaker, I only obtain '^e'.
I saw a topic with a Czech user, applyed yours advice (add EXport = language and so on ) but nothing changes.
My Linux version = Slitaz Cooking 5.0
Of course, all other apps I've tryed works fine with accents ... (gnumeric, Leafpad, Terminal)
Please note also that Softmaker don't recognize the "compose key" like other apps (I've tryed to use the compose key, in order to by-pass the Softmaker's bug : it works fine for other Lnux Apps, not for Softmaker)
I'll appreciate your help !

mychance

Re: Can't type any accented char in french

Postby mychance » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:13 am

Loved the CE version! It was like nothing that existed so far for that platform :)

I can make circumflex accents without any problems with TextMaker 2016 Pro on Linux Mint 17.1 Mate. I use the french canadian keyboard.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux (General)”