thunderbird - missing option in send

Post bug reports and suggestions here for SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux Beta that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Poltiser

thunderbird - missing option in send

Post by Poltiser » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:57 pm

there is no option for Thunderbird in all programs send function.
Most probably it would work if I knew how to write send command to send document with Thunderbird.
Please advise.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: thunderbird - missing option in send

Post by sven-l » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:08 am

That is a known issue and the developers are working on a solution. Please try again with the next beta.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Poltiser

Post by Poltiser » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:09 pm

After you published addons for TB - I installed the 2 of them in linux (no import from EM) and both work well Xubuntu 15.04 but now still in Office 2012 (full) as in 2016 (beta) - sending TextMaker document opens TB window with correct subject and little message but no attachment with TextMaker document present in mail message

regards

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:47 pm

I tried it with a newer, internal version of TextMaker and with the same Thunderbird Add-ons as you use from:
http://www.softmaker.com/english/addons_en.htm

1. I opened Thunderbird (re-installed) in my Ubuntu 14.04.2 64bit and installed all four Add-ons (just to make sure they all work - of course you don't need the eM Client Add-on under Linux)
2. After a few restarts of Thunderbird all worked well and I typed some words in TextMaker
3. Without saving the TextMaker file I invoked File=>Send and send the file to my other e-mail address and the attachment was there in the Thunderbird draft
4. When I received the e-mail in my other e-mail account (also Tunderbird but in Windows 7 64bit), I could see and open the TextMaker file.

So I could not reproduce that issue here. Please try again with the next beta as soon as it is available.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Poltiser

Post by Poltiser » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:01 am

Using last beta 2016 in Xubuntu 15.10 I tried to send document from TextMaker without and with saving - no luck. But I wrote address and bcc as well.
Program opens Thunderbird window but no address or attachment is written and sending is impossible.

command in TextMaker: %toatname% %nocommas% thunderbird -compose "to=%to%,cc=%cc%,bcc=%bcc%,subject=%subject%,body=`cat %msgbody%`,attachment=file://%tmpname%/%docname%" ; rm %msgbody% %tmpname%/%docname% ; rmdir %tmpname%

When after that I wrote primary address only - it worked as you described.
So maybe problem exist with bcc and cc?

Thank you.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Ok, Thank you! I will report this issue to our developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:28 am

In your last message you wrote that it works for you if you only use the primary address.
So we need to know which bcc or cc you used. Maybe you added multiple addresses, separated by comma.

Could you please attach a screenshot of the mail dialog before sending? You may black out parts of the mail addresses. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Poltiser

Post by Poltiser » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:13 pm

1. At first - I installed SM beta 2016 while TB was already open and when I tried to send without saving file and with saving to HD - did not work.

2. I restarted TB and tried again with primary mail address only - it worked well, so I repeated it with primary address as well as with cc and bcc addresses added - it worked well

I think you made it well.

Congratulations.

I will try it out in different combinations of documents and sending - if something happens I will let you know.

Regards

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:57 pm

Does it mean that you now cannot reproduce the issue anymore?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Poltiser

Post by Poltiser » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:54 pm

I tried to send unsaved document without a problem, it went. It is too early to say it is solved - but - I did not reproduced the problem!
It works - Good job!
If I find something odd - I will let you know.
Thank you!

Return to “General”