Output to PDF

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for Presentations 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

oblivion

Output to PDF

Postby oblivion » Thu May 04, 2017 9:05 am

Presentations doesn't do a "presenter view", it seems -- where the slides are up on one screen and the notes only visible to the presenter on another screen.

So to deal with this, I tried to create a PDF of the notes view of my slides, so I can open the file on another machine and at least use spacebar to move forward. (45 slides, mostly just images and notes). Print to the MS PDF printer just failed -- the resultant file wasn't openable. So -- and bear in mind I'm ten minutes away from doing my presentation for real by now -- I remembered output to PDF from within Presentations is also a thing. I did that. The first couple of slides looked okay but after that, for some reason the text of the notes started getting put on the left of the page, squeezed alongside the image

a bit
like this
and
not really
very
readable
when
you're
trying to
read
without
the
audience
noticing

Is Presentations just broken, or am I just expecting too much of it?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Output to PDF

Postby sven-l » Mon May 08, 2017 11:02 am

oblivion wrote:Presentations doesn't do a "presenter view", it seems -- where the slides are up on one screen and the notes only visible to the presenter on another screen.

That's correct. It's on the agenda for the future.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Output to PDF

Postby sven-l » Mon May 08, 2017 11:04 am

oblivion wrote:So to deal with this, I tried to create a PDF of the notes view of my slides, so I can open the file on another machine and at least use spacebar to move forward. (45 slides, mostly just images and notes). Print to the MS PDF printer just failed -- the resultant file wasn't openable. So -- and bear in mind I'm ten minutes away from doing my presentation for real by now -- I remembered output to PDF from within Presentations is also a thing. I did that. The first couple of slides looked okay but after that, for some reason the text of the notes started getting put on the left of the page, squeezed alongside the image

a bit
like this
and
not really
very
readable
when
you're
trying to
read
without
the
audience
noticing

Is Presentations just broken, or am I just expecting too much of it?

Could you please send us a sample file to forum(at)softmaker.de referring to this thread? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Presentations 2016 for Windows”