Simple formula returns #VALUE! - Huh?

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

cyberdiva

Simple formula returns #VALUE! - Huh?

Post by cyberdiva » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:12 pm

I am a novice user of PlanMaker. I have a spreadsheet that was created in Excel. It includes a simple formula whereby the amount in cell E42 is given by the amount in cell E43 plus amount in cell C42 and keeps going to lower numbers in the chain ending at E5. I added rows to the spreadsheet using PlanMaker 2016 (rev. 766.0331). I find that in column E what appears is not a number but #VALUE! . I find no way to have the numbers appear.

I then uploaded the file to Google Drive and opened it with Google Sheets. The numbers appeared correctly. How can I make PlanMaker show the right numbers instead of #VALUE! ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
SoftMaker Office 2016 Standard: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit; TextMaker Mobile for Android: Nexus 7 2nd gen.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Simple formula returns #VALUE! - Huh?

Post by martin-k » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:15 pm

Provide the file (either here or send it to forum(at)softmaker.de ) and we'll have a look.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

cyberdiva

Post by cyberdiva » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:30 pm

Thanks very much, Martin, for your prompt response. Unfortunately, the file contains extensive confidential financial information, and I would prefer not to send it. Is there anything you can suggest without my sending it?
SoftMaker Office 2016 Standard: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit; TextMaker Mobile for Android: Nexus 7 2nd gen.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:35 pm

You can cut it down to something simpler and/or falsify the values.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

cyberdiva

Post by cyberdiva » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Hi Martin. I've spent a little more time on this, and here is the underlying issue. My account information from the bank was exported as a csv file and then inserted into the spreadsheet. Negative dollar values appear, for example, as ($10.75), left justified. Apparently this is interpreted as text and not as numbers, and therefore the formula fails. I have tried to change these text entries into numerical entries using find and replace in PlanMaker, but I've been unsuccessful. However, correcting the entries one by one works. How can I do a global conversion?

Return to “PlanMaker 2016 for Windows”