Page break not working

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

mrwinavl

Page break not working

Post by mrwinavl » Sun May 14, 2017 12:23 am

I'm using PlanMaker 2016 (rev 766.0331). I inserted a page break (Insert > Page Break > Insert Before Row...), but it is ignored when printing as well as in print preview. If I highlight that selected row and go to Insert > Page Break, it offers only to delete the page break, so it seems to think it's there. When it's supposedly inserted, there's no visual cue in the display, such as a heavy line or series of heavy dashes on the page break line. The Help file only refers to this one place to insert a page break. What am I missing?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Page break not working

Post by sven-l » Mon May 15, 2017 11:09 am

Is your worksheet protected in some way? I tested it with PlanMaker 2016 for Windows rev.766.0331 and could properly add a page break the way you described it. The page break is visible as a thin horizontal line and when I check in the print preview (File=>Print Preview) it properly shows two pages.

I attached my sample file.
Attachments
page_break.pmdx
(5.85 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

mrwinavl

Post by mrwinavl » Wed May 17, 2017 9:50 pm

So far all I had done was import one spreadsheet from Excel 2016, and it was on that one that I could not get the page break to work. I opened a new blank spreadsheet and tested the page break, and it worked correctly. So there's something about that imported spreadsheet that is causing the issue. There was a page break in the Excel sheet at the time it was imported, but there's nothing protected on either the original .xlsx file or the .pdmx version. Haven't had time to experiment more in the past few days though.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu May 18, 2017 9:31 am

If possible, please send us that file to forum(at)softmaker.de. We could check what's wrong with it. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

mrwinavl

Post by mrwinavl » Fri May 19, 2017 3:19 am

I am doing that. I would mention that in another attempt to figure this out, I started with a blank PlanMaker sheet, and then copied/pasted the cells from the original Excel sheet. It still does not page break in the print/preview where designated. In this sanitized (for dollar numbers) version, the page break is the line above row 89 (the solid gray bar above "SUMMARY").
Attachments
Register - clean.pmdx
(49 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri May 19, 2017 9:37 am

I can see the problem with your file and will inform the developer. I will report here as soon as we have a solution. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

mrwinavl

Post by mrwinavl » Sat May 20, 2017 12:37 am

Thank you

mrwinavl

Post by mrwinavl » Mon May 22, 2017 11:48 pm

Out of curiosity, I took a blank PlanMaker sheet, and then copied rows 1-87 inclusive from the Excel sheet and pasted them into the PlanMaker sheet. Then I copied rows 90 to the last row used from the Excel sheet, and pasted those in the same rows in the PlanMaker sheet. Then on the PlanMaker sheet, I inserted the page break above row 89, and the page break still did not work. So maybe it's not something that's coming over from Excel? Just thought I'd mention it while the developers are looking into this. Thanks.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue May 23, 2017 3:05 pm

The problem has been solved and should no longer occur with the next service pack.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker 2016 for Windows”