"Unable to create file"

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

EYESCREAM

"Unable to create file"

Post by EYESCREAM » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Hello,

I am facing the above mentioned error, while trying to simply save the file. Everything works as expected, while using the option Save as then type a different name than the original one. I am using the latest version, everything as per default, except that backups are turned off. So far I am facing the problem against .xls files.

I believe that this is a permission issue as the user is not an admin one, but all that works as expected when logged as a domain admin. However, the exact same problematic user does not get any troubles saving and overwriting the file, while using LibreOffice.

Going through file's properties in order to compare both products, what I can say is that LibreOffice does not change "Accessed date" as well as file's owner, while PlanMaker does change them both. The problematic user is not allowed to: Delete, Change permissions and Take ownership, so I believe that trying to take the ownership is what PlanMaker does in addition and causes it to fail.

Could I avoid this without adding additional permissions?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: "Unable to create file"

Post by sven-l » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:37 am

Are you saving in a network folder? Which Windows are you using?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

EYESCREAM

Re: "Unable to create file"

Post by EYESCREAM » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Your assumption is correct. I am saving from a Windows 7 Professional machine into a network shared folder where Windows 2k8 R2 is running.

Originally, the file is placed there by a user different than the one who is trying to save the file, so the file's owner is different. I still have not been able to fully confirm that adding permission for to "Take ownership" fully resolves the issue, but that is what I am trying to figure out in the meantime.

Return to “PlanMaker 2016 for Windows”