Problem reading PM .xlsx files in Excel

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

cyberdiva

Problem reading PM .xlsx files in Excel

Postby cyberdiva » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:34 pm

My husband uses Excel in MS Office Professional Plus 2010 on Windows 7. For the past few days, he has had problems reading some multi-page xls files: the page tabs at the bottom are missing and only one page shows. He has no problem, however, reading multi-page files made in Excel as xlsx. He tried converting the problematic xls files to xlsx, but that made no difference. He then asked me to verify that I could read his xls files correctly in PlanMaker2016 (on Windows 7) and then to convert them to xlsx. I did so, and all was well when viewing them in PlanMaker. But when he tried to read them in Excel, the page tabs at the bottom were again missing and he could view only one page. Is there a reason that he has no problem with files created as xlsx in Excel but that files converted to xlsx in PlanMaker are fine in PM but not in Excel?
SoftMaker Office 2016 Standard: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit; TextMaker Mobile for Android: Nexus 7 2nd gen.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Problem reading PM .xlsx files in Excel

Postby martin-k » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:36 pm

The worksheet register can be enabled and disabled in File > Properties (it is a per-document setting), but this should transparently convert from/to Excel.

Can you provide the file to forum (at) softmaker.de ?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

cyberdiva

Re: Problem reading PM .xlsx files in Excel

Postby cyberdiva » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:38 pm

Thanks very much, Martin, for your prompt response. I checked, and the sheet tabs option was checked in both the xls file and the xlsx file. I'll send them both to the address you provided.
SoftMaker Office 2016 Standard: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit; TextMaker Mobile for Android: Nexus 7 2nd gen.

Return to “PlanMaker 2016 for Windows”