Script won't run from PlanMaker menu without BasicMaker open...

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

americanaustralian

Script won't run from PlanMaker menu without BasicMaker open...

Postby americanaustralian » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:12 am

I launch PlanMaker and choose Tools->Start Script. Nothing happens unless the script I choose is already open in BasicMaker. This is not the behavior I expect. Shouldn't BasicMaker be launched automatically as a background app? I must be missing something, but I can't see what...

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Script won't run from PlanMaker menu without BasicMaker open...

Postby sven-l » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:49 am

I cannot confirm this issue in PlanMaker rev.762.1027. When I invoke Tools=>Start Script and e.g. start the Calendar.bas, it starts to run the script and creates the calendar even without having BasicMaker open in the background.

Which revision of Office 2016 is installed on your machine?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

americanaustralian

Postby americanaustralian » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:49 pm

Build 7601 Service Pack 1 PlanMaker 2016, Revision 761.0927 (32 Bit). Choosing Update says my version is current. Invoking Calendar.bas as you described also works for me, but my script (located in the same folder) does not. Further investigation reveals that Tools->Start Script doesn't work even if the script file is open in BasicMaker...it will only run when started from within BasicMaker (i.e. F9).

11/30/2016 - Update. The problem appears to be something related to the contents of the spreadsheet. On one of my iterations I cleared all the data from the sheet and the script ran from Tools=>Start Script. I'm trying to pin down exactly what contents are causing this.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:32 am

Could you please send us that script and PlanMaker file to forum(at)softmaker.de referring to this thread? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker 2016 for Windows”