Combining Documents

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

PeteCC

Combining Documents

Post by PeteCC » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:45 am

I have two documents that include picture frame objects that I want to combine. Surely, this should be simple: 'select all' in both and paste into a new document?

Unfortunately 'select all' doesn't select all at all - it doesn't select the picture frames. Inserting the second document into the first doesn't include the pictures either.

Am I missing something?

david12

Re: Combining Documents

Post by david12 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:27 pm

I have the same issue.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:54 am

I can see the issue (you can select more than one frame via Shift+left mouse button but there will only be pasted one single graphic frame at a time in a new document) and will inform the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Jossi

Post by Jossi » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:15 pm

With picture frames in a document, the copy & paste action has to be performed twice: once in Edit mode for the text and then again once per page in Object mode for the frames (make sure that both documents are in Object mode when you copy and paste frames).

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:31 am

An answer from the developers.:
#1: You can select multiple picture *frames*, but only one embedded picture object. It seems you have one embedded and one floating object, they can't be selected together (same in Word).

#2: At the moment you can paste only one picture into *edit* mode.

#3: You can paste multiple objects into *object* mode.

What you request is pasting multiple objects into *edit* mode, this is on the wish list for the future.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”