How do I start numbering with a number other than 1?

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

ecbritz

How do I start numbering with a number other than 1?

Post by ecbritz » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:29 pm

I am working on about 30 chapters of a book. Each chapter is about 10 pages long, with the specific page, paragraph and character formatting I'm using.

The easiest for me to find my way around, at this stage, is to have 30 different documents representing the 30 chapters. Each document contains a header which in turn contains the page numbers.

For instance: Document 1 would contain chapter 1 and the header will show the page numbers 1 - 10. Document 2 would contain chapter 2 and the header will show the page numbers 11 - 20. And so forth.

I do not need complicated formatting merging all 30 documents. correctly page-numbered, at the end. I simple need to be able to find page 9 of document 23 for editing purposes, by way of example. The publisher will do the actual compilation of the whole book, at the end.

MY QUESTION: How do I start numbering document 2 so that the page number positioned in the header starts at page 11 and not at page 1?

Thanks in advance!
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: How do I start numbering with a number other than 1?

Post by martin-k » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Format > Chapter
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”