default save location

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

oxford_nick

default save location

Post by oxford_nick » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:48 pm

Hi
Textmaker appears to save documents in the last location used
How is it possible to change settings so the default save location is always the same?
i.e. Documents
Thanks
Nick

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: default save location

Post by martin-k » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:50 pm

We don't offer that in the user interface, but if you use SoftMaker Office Professional, there is a group-policy object for this:

http://www.softmaker.com/en/tips-installation
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Wileym

Post by Wileym » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:52 am

"We don't offer that in the user interface, but if you use SoftMaker Office Professional, there is a group-policy object for this:

http://www.softmaker.com/en/tips-installation
"

This is a poor solution to the question! Setting a default save location needs to be developed into the user interface, just as it has in the products you compete with.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:25 am

I do not agree that we have to mimic every single behavior of Microsoft Office.

We and many of our customers feel that our implementation of remembering the last-used folder is superior to always forcing people to a default folder. I personally hate it that Word always goes back to the same documents folder every time I start it.

And if you really want that "other" behavior, there is a group policy which can be simply edited with built-in Windows tools.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Alfred

Post by Alfred » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:15 am

martin-k wrote:remembering the last-used folder is superior to always forcing people to a default folder
Hear, hear! =D> I hate the way Windows keeps trying to put my stuff on OneDrive instead of my local Documents folder. [-X
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”