Repeat bookmarked text, using cross-reference

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

john1030

Repeat bookmarked text, using cross-reference

Post by john1030 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:29 am

Is there a way to repeat specific text as cross-reference?

This is possible in Word and Libre/OpenOffice, but currently I can't find this feature in TextMaker.

Example:

Step 1. Select some text and assign it a bookmark. OK, this is possible in TextMaker, nothing hard.
Step 2. Create a cross-reference.

- In Word, it can be achieved by clicking: Ribbon > Insert > Cross-reference >
Reference type = Bookmark, Insert reference to = Bookmark text

- In LibreOffice: Menu > Insert > Cross-reference >
Type = Bookmarks, Insert reference to = Reference

- In TextMaker... I don't know. That's my question about.
Last edited by john1030 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jossi

Re: Rrepeat bookmarked text, using cross-reference

Post by Jossi » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:05 pm

Proceed as follows:
1. Select some text and assign it a bookmark. (OK, you did this already ;-).) Before assigning the bookmark, first copy the selected text to the clipboard (Ctrl+C). By default, the name of the bookmark will be the selected text. So, if you select the words "The place I want to go", the name of the bookmark will be "The_place_I_want_to_go". (You can rename it, of course.)
2. Go to the position where you want the cross reference to be. Insert the words from the clipboard (Ctrl+V), select them and invoke Format > Link.... In the dialogue box, you will find "The_place_I_want_to_go" under the heading "Bookmark". Select it, click OK – there you are.

john1030

Post by john1030 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:04 pm

Jossi wrote:Insert the words from the clipboard (Ctrl+V), select them and invoke Format > Link.... In the dialogue box, you will find "The_place_I_want_to_go" under the heading "Bookmark". Select it, click OK – there you are.
Yeah, thanks. The problem is that such "cross-references" will not be automatically updated if I change bookmarked text.

Jossi

Post by Jossi » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:31 pm

That's true. Cross references in TextMaker are static. Generally spoken, concerning cross references, there's still some room for improvement in TextMaker.

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”