Minor Issues with TextMaker 2016, Revision 766

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

RKanarek

Post by RKanarek » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:50 am

Greetings,

I’ve found TextMaker to be wonderfully useful, swift, and reliable as a combination word processor and desktop publishing program. In its latter capacity, however, I’ve notice a few minor issues I thought I'd report. As each issue seems too minor to warrant its own thread, I combined them here.

N.B. Don’t hesitate to correct me if I’m mistaken rather than TextMaker.
N.B. The attached PDF contains pictures that might be helpful.

1. Text with Index Heading and TOC Styles Missing from PDF Export
With the “Index Heading” paragraph style outline level set to 2, the index headings (presumably) should appear in the document’s document pane and in the exported PDF’s table of contents. In actuality it does appear in the document pane, but it doesn’t appear in the exported PDF TOC.

2. Page Numbers in Long Table of Contents Entries are Sometimes Positioned Improperly
The page number in a Table of Contents table entry is sometimes positioned at the start of a line, rather than at the end of the line.

3. Cross References not Properly Listed in Edit ‒> Go to... ‒> Cross Reference
(It may be necessary to consult the attached document.)

4. Applying a Character Style Removes Bold & Italic Attributes
A character style that is not supposed to modify a character’s “style” (attributes) never the less changes them to regular.

5. The Opening Smart Quote is Incorrect When Following a Non-Breaking Space

6. Document Pane Sometimes Indicates Phantom Sublevels
The [+] symbol shown in the attached PDF suggests that the Revision Summary heading has sub-headings, but it doesn’t. Clicking on the [+] has no effect.

7. Feature Request: Support Chapter Numbers in Table of Contents
Index entries support chapter numbers, however table of contents entries don’t. This deters using chapters to subdivide documents by content. (TextMaker also uses chapters to divide documents into different layouts; this works fine.)

8. Feature Request: Improve Automatic Document-Hyperlinks
The cross references in exported PDFs are hyperlinked, however there is no option available (that I'm aware of) for giving them a particular character style so as to make it apparent that they are hyperlinked cross references rather than ordinary text.

(There is a character style for hyperlinks, however it is not used for hyperlinks generated automatically by TextMaker itself.)

Similarly, it would be nice if one had the option of making page numbers (etc.?) in indexes, TOCs, etc. hyperlinks automatically.
Attachments
Minor Issues with TextMaker 2016, Revision 766.pdf
(968.48 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Minor Issues with TextMaker 2016, Revision 766

Post by sven-l » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:53 am

RKanarek wrote: N.B. The attached PDF contains pictures that might be helpful.
Could you also provide the original TextMaker file? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

RKanarek

Post by RKanarek » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:29 am

Dear Sven,

I would probably have to compress the file into several archive files and then e-mail them (where?) separately; the file is rather large. Would this be okay? Do you folks have a utility to extract files from ZIP archives? RAR archives?

Cordially,
Richard

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:54 am

Yes, that would be ok. Just send it to support(at)softmaker.de. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”