Dictionary does not work!!!??

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2016 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

dan1bh

Dictionary does not work!!!??

Post by dan1bh » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:26 pm

I am a Welsh speaker and was hopeful when I saw the support for Welsh dictionary using "Hunspell". However this does not work at all. I have downloaded the dictionary and installed it. When the default language is selected Tools>options>language>default Language>Welsh
AND Tools>options>language>default Language>Hunspell Dictionaries... Welsh is listed. This has no effect at all on the spell checker - everything is still red underlined and none of the words are recognized properly. Please can you help? This is very frustrating indeed!!! I am a developer so I may be able to assist as well. Please let me know.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Dictionary does not work!!!??

Post by martin-k » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Most likely, your document is not formatted in Welsh. Place the cursor in the text and have a look at the status bar. What language is displayed there?

You can change the language with Format > Character, but the best way is to change the character style "Normal". You could even create a separate document template for Welsh text.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2016 for Windows (General)”