No preview or incon in windows explorer

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2016 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Magini

No preview or incon in windows explorer

Post by Magini » Thu May 04, 2017 4:30 am

I don't have Microsoft Office (except for Publisher) on my computers, only Softmaker.
I have set Textmaker and Planmaker as default programs to open all Office related files.
This works OK.

However, the T and P icons do not show in files view with explorer, only Microsoft default icons, and there is no preview of the files.
I am sure it worked BEFORE a windows update, but I cannot find a way to get expected icons and preview back.

Can you assist?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: No preview or incon in windows explorer

Post by sven-l » Mon May 08, 2017 10:28 am

The Windows Explorer cannot read .tmd, .pmd or .pmdx files. That's why you cannot see a preview. If you save in MS Office file format like .doc, .docx, .xls or .xlsx, you will see the preview.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Magini

Post by Magini » Wed May 10, 2017 12:25 am

Hi Sven,

I save all files in the microsoft format since they are to be shared with other people, but still no preview.
This seems to have happened after a windows automatic update.
Previously icons for SoftMaker would show in the file list and preview would work normally.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu May 11, 2017 10:33 am

This is not reproducible for me. When I create a sample .docx file in TextMaker and another one in MS Word 2013 (both with text and an image in it), I can properly see the preview in the Windows 10 File Explorer in both files. My Windows 10 installation has installed all available updates.

Are you working with Windows 10? Could you please attach a sample file where you cannot see the preview?

Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2016 for Windows (General)”