Installation (of Beta) needs better information

This beta forum will be closed soon. Please post in the regular forum for SoftMaker Office 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

bonnyjars

Installation (of Beta) needs better information

Postby bonnyjars » Tue May 19, 2015 2:20 pm

you need to keep some dialogs that tells me what you are doing (or not doing) two examples

(Win 7 -32 bit on desktop with Firefox and TB as my browser and mail client)

a) if Thunderbird is open when I install (it is my long-time software) then install tells me I need to close thunderbird and install terminates
so ... do something like ask to continue after user terminates TB or ask if install should terminate TB or....

b) if an earlier version of this (beta) software needs to be uninstalledthen you give an OK dialog which disappears and install does in fact uninstall it but that takes real time and witgh no information present I had time to load control-panel uninstall and select the beta for uninstall which thus fu'd control panel becasue by then you had uninstalled it --- you need to keep up something that tells me what you are doing

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Installation (of Beta) needs better information

Postby Jim-J » Tue May 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Hello,

To a) The message to quit Thunderbird is correct, but your are right. An additional message with a button to carry on after the program is suspended would be nice. I will inform the developers about your feature request.

To b) The beta is offered to users with interest for technical issues. These users usually know how to uninstall a program. We are sorry if the message caused a misunderstanding.
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “General”