Three problems with new Beta

This beta forum will be closed soon. Please post in the regular forum for SoftMaker Office 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

JulesJH

Three problems with new Beta

Postby JulesJH » Fri May 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Hello, the new Beta gives me three problems.

1/ When installing it asks me if I want to remove a NEWER installation - which it isn't! The installer askes me this in reference to the first public Beta.

2/ I opted out of Thunderbird installation, but it installed regardless. Now the question arises, if I uninstall the beta, will this be removed too?

3/ I can't activate it! Either your server is not responding, there is something up with the online activation, or it isn't playing nicely with my firewall (Privatefirewall 7.0). Whatever it is, online activation is a real pain, and something I actively avoid if I can - especially when it doesn't function as in this case.

p.s. Having tried to activate it several more times, it now works, but it is so frustrating, and one reason not to like a good solid program.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Three problems with new Beta

Postby martin-k » Sat May 02, 2015 5:05 pm

1. Yes, that's a bug, and we have noted it on the download page. Since a few other customers didn't find it either, we highlighted it in yellow now :wink:

http://www.softmaker.com/english/ofw16demo_en.htm

2. Did it really install Thunderbird, or just our extensions? These are two separately checkable items in the setup program. The beta uninstaller for SoftMaker Office does not uninstall Thunderbird.

3. A few thousand beta testers have already activated, so it is not a general problem. What exact message did you get?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “General”