Thunderbird problem

This beta forum will be closed soon. Please post in the regular forum for SoftMaker Office 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

maximusmike

Thunderbird problem

Post by maximusmike » Fri May 01, 2015 1:47 am

I am not impressed with the Thunderbird installation.

1. Nothing was copied from my eMClient database. All I saw in Thunderbird was a new message welcoming me to eM Client :D

2. Thunderbird was apparently installed in C:\Program Files (x86) whereas when asked where I wanted to install SoftMaker, I specified a folder in my E: drive, no mention was made as to where Thunderbird was to go.

3. I can't find an option to try to import the eM Client data again? Nor can I find any instructions at all as to how to do this?

4. As apparently the Thunderbird installation does not work with my Task lists, I think it will be better to just stick with my eM Client which I know does work and does everything I need. I assume it will still work if I uninstall this Thunderbird stuff?

Mike

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Thunderbird problem

Post by martin-k » Sat May 02, 2015 5:03 pm

1. The Welcome message tells you how to import from eM Client: by going to the Tools menu and selecting the "Import e-mails from eM Client" command. Did you do that?

2. We install a regular, unmodified Thunderbird, just amended with our extensions. And Thunderbird goes to Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird.

3. See 1.

4. Why would Thunderbird not work with your task list? If it is a local task list from eM Client, the filter imports it. If it is a CalDav task list, the filter sets up the account for you.

Note that there is a bug in the installation process that precludes Lightning from working correctly. Go to Tools/Add-ons, uninstall Lightning and install it again. THEN try the eM Client import.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “General”