Ruler Problems

This beta forum will be closed soon. Please post in the regular forum for SoftMaker Office 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

BearPup

Ruler Problems

Post by BearPup » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Rulers in TextMaker, both horizontal and vertical, do not stay visible when showing tables or indents. Switching back to a 'normal' paragraph restores the rulers. This is something that has to be fixed.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Ruler Problems

Post by sven-l » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:52 am

According to the TextMaker PDF manual page 85:
The
horizontal ruler
is found at the top of the document window. The margins and tab stops for the active paragraph or for all the paragraphs that might be selected at
a given moment are shown there
A table or table cell is handled as a separate paragraph and therefore has its own ruler.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

BearPup

Re: Ruler Problems

Post by BearPup » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi,
Thanks for responding; I apologize that my response has taken this long to send to you.

I get the horizontal ruler part, and as often as I use tables, I had simply never noticed the horizontal ruler at the top of the page had expanded and shrunk as my tables changed. However, the vertical ruler is, I think, different. Comparing 2012 to 2016, the vertical ruler behaves differently. In the 2012 version, the vertical ruler stays the full height, whereas in the 2016 version the vertical ruler switches back and forth between full length and the width of 1 cell.

Your suggestions?
Regards,
BearPup

Return to “General”