Samples

This beta forum will be closed soon. Please post in the regular forum for SoftMaker Office 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

XL-Dennis

Samples

Post by XL-Dennis » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi all,

Many pure development platforms comes with a great number of samples. The same can also be said when it comes to third-party controls et al. That's a great way to explore and as well as learning what can be done.

I would suggest that the number of samples shipped with SoftMaker Office suite, excluding Thunderbird, should heavily bee increased. One problem is that the vendor is good on developing their products while its their customers who use is on a day-to-day basis who have the practical skill and knowledge.

So I want to suggest the following:
a) Create a new subforum where users can easily upload samples based on a simple post template.
b) Make some competition for certain task where to show how xxx can easily resolve some more complex tasks.
c) Ask individual and pay them for each provided sample.
d) When new features are implemeneted new samples are requested.

On its face it may be simple but in my experiences it take time but it end we will all benefit from it.
------------------------------------------------
Kind regards,
Dennis

Freddie

Re: Samples

Post by Freddie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Interesting idea, although I don't think the 'pay users for samples' bit is workable. Also questions around quality assurance.

Might be more applicable to BasicMaker scripts if users are happy to share on a goodwill basis and for specific functionality - as long as other users understand the implications.

XL-Dennis

Post by XL-Dennis » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Quality assurance is SoftMaker's responsibility as I see it. Yes, badwill can be created in a nano-second if an sample does not work.

Why is paid development not an option? I know Microsoft have hired MVPs to develop their templates.
------------------------------------------------
Kind regards,
Dennis

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:32 pm

I will refer your ideas to the developers. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “General”