Flashing and high CPU use

This beta forum will be closed soon. Please post in the regular forum for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

adx

Flashing and high CPU use

Postby adx » Sun May 17, 2015 9:26 am

On the latest beta "final", a complex brochure ends up using a lot of CPU (a core or two) and continuously flashes/redraws images at certain zoom levels.

This is the "itech 6832 brochure 28-9-05.doc" I sent some time ago and use for rendering tests. The first few betas were too slow and laggey on it, the last one seemed ok, as does this (but only at lower zooms). The flashing starts when viewed at slightly less than full page width with the sidebar off, around 200% zoom on 1600 px wide normal dpi monitor. It only seems to happen after clicking around the document a bit and/or zooming with the mouse wheel.

At that scale, panning and zooming and editing becomes unusable due to lag (extreme lag similar to my experience on Textmaker for Android). Although complex, the same document in Word97 scrolls and edits text in real time with no lag. Pictures flash a bit when mouse wheel zooming but it is much faster. Textmaker 2010 has big problems zooming with the mouse on that document but at least edits text at a usable speed.

i7-860 and Windows XP (I know - but I'll go back to Win 7 when I need to - if this is due to OS incompatibility then I'll abandon further testing or upgrades). I also have a 1920*1200 monitor to the right of the primary 1600*1200 if that makes any difference.

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Flashing and high CPU use

Postby Jim-J » Wed May 20, 2015 6:41 pm

Hello,

can you attach that file again please? I would like to check on this issue.

Thank you.
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

adx

Postby adx » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:12 am

I found the original topic: viewtopic.php?f=185&t=13641

It's not a public file so I'll resend it to the email address there.

Email notifications don't seem to be working for this forum (might be my end) so I may not remember to come back here for a while.

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby Jim-J » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:41 pm

Okay, I'll check that.

Thank you.
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

adx

Postby adx » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:30 am

Great. Mainly posting to say the email notification of your post did work.

Return to “Beta: TextMaker 2016 for Windows”